angle-up angle-right angle-down angle-left close user menu open menu closed search globe bars phone store

Go to the United States

Demonstrate your English proficiency with the test that is preferred by 9 out of 10 universities in the United States and accepted everywhere.¹

Before you can apply for your U.S. student visa, you must be accepted by a study program at an accredited American institution, which will require you to prove your English proficiency with a test like the TOEFL iBT test.

Once you've applied, you must:

  • travel to your nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate for a face-to-face visa interview before it's issued
  • provide proof that you can financially support yourself while studying in America
  • demonstrate that you have sufficient reason to return home after your studies are over

For more information about living or studying in the United States, visit:

1 Source: Survey of 94 admissions officers at U.S. universities who accept both TOEFL and IELTS® scores and who expressed a preference.