Before Your At Home Test Session Begins
Prepare Your Testing Area
Before your TOEFL iBT® Home Edition or Paper Edition Speaking section test session begins, make sure that your computer and testing area are properly prepared, and gather the things you'll need.
- Run a final ProctorU® Equipment Check and fix any issues before you attempt to check in for your test. All issues must be resolved before your appointment time.
- Close all browsers and applications not needed for the test. This can help prevent bandwidth issues while you test.
- Make sure any other devices in your home that use internet are not running.
- Gather the materials you'll need for your test session. (All other materials are prohibited.)
- Passport or other acceptable ID
- Acceptable note-taking materials, such as a whiteboard or plastic transparency sheet, that can be erased in view of the proctor
- Cell phone or hand-held mirror for check in
- Make sure your testing area meets all environment requirements, including:
- The room is quiet and well lit.
- The table and surrounding area are clear.
- Your table and chair are positioned so that the door to the room will be visible to the proctor.
- Make sure you are dressed appropriately, with your ears and face visible to the proctor. Avoid wearing any jewelry or other accessories. Face masks may not be worn during check in or any part of the at home testing experience.