The following rules are in place to protect the security of the testing process. They begin at sign in and end at sign out (including breaks):
- Complete and sign the Confidentiality and Regulations Agreement provided to you at the test center. If you don't, you can't test and your fees will NOT be refunded.
- You may need to sign the test center log before and after the test session and any time you leave or enter the testing room.
- Scratch paper and pens or pencils are provided by the test center. Use only the scratch paper given to you by the test administrator. You may not bring your own scratch paper to the test or remove scratch paper from the testing room. (For paper-delivered tests administered as an accommodation for a disability, you may use the test book for scratch work. Scratch paper isn't provided except as an approved accommodation.)
- Raise your hand if you have a problem with your computer or need the administrator's help at any time during the test.
- Use the allotted 30 minutes of practice time for the tutorial and other untimed sections prior to the test. This allows you to become familiar with the computer functions and will help make your computer-delivered testing experience go smoothly. You may not use scratch paper during this time.
Most tests don't offer a scheduled break. However, you have the option to take a short, unscheduled restroom break. If you choose to take an unscheduled break, your test clock will not stop. Because timing does not stop for this break, it is recommended that you return from the break as quickly as possible.
If you are taking the School Leaders Licensure Assessment (6990), you can take a short, unscheduled restroom break after the conclusion of Section I, but before completing review of the General Directions for Section II. Your test clock won't start until you return and complete the General Directions. Although you won't lose test time by taking an unscheduled restroom break between sections, it's recommended that you return from the break as quickly as possible (within 5–10 minutes) to avoid running over the scheduled appointment time.
Test administrators and remote proctors are required to report test takers who take excessive or extended breaks. You must also adhere to the established policies that relate to leaving the vicinity of your testing area and accessing prohibited personal items or electronic devices during this time.
Canceling Your Scores
The Connecticut Administrator Test (6412) offers you an opportunity to view unofficial scores at the end of your testing session. Unofficial scores are not available on other SLS tests. Learn more about canceling your scores.
After the Test
Once the exam is complete, you can expect the following procedures:
- Test center staff will control access to the lockers or storage area to maintain social distancing while you retrieve your belongings.
- At test centers with log sheets, you'll be asked to sign out with the pen or pencil provided at check in, then place the used pen or pencil in a holding tub.
- You must return all scratch paper by placing it in the secure bin or location as instructed by test center staff.
- Test center staff will clean all surfaces, including each workstation and administrative desk, at the start and end of the test day and between test sessions. They'll use gloves when cleaning the pens/pencils and putting them back into stock.