Testing accommodations (extended testing time) are available for eligible SLS test takers whose primary language is not English (PLNE). Test takers who meet ETS requirements will be allowed 50% additional testing time. This accommodation is available at all test centers on all dates. Some exclusions apply.
How to Register
SLS test takers should complete and include the following:
- A completed Certification of Documentation form. A business card, school seal, or school stamp must be affixed to the Certification of Documentation form. ETS has the right to request further verification, if needed, of the professional's credentials and expertise relevant to the certification of documentation form. If this request is needed, testing may be delayed until the next applicable test date.
- A completed Eligibility Form for Test Takers Whose Primary Language Is Not English.
- A completed Test Authorization Request Form.
Send all materials together to one of the following:
For forms and documents: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ETS – School Leadership Series
P.O. Box 6054
Princeton, NJ 08541-6054
Note: It is recommended that you submit your PLNE requests and supporting documents by email, to ensure that we are able to receive them.
Once your accommodation request is approved, ETS will contact you with an approval letter and instructions on registering to test.
- Requests must be received at ETS approximately four weeks prior to your requested test date. Late or incomplete requests, and requests received on outdated forms will be returned unprocessed.
- All documentation must be approved before the test date.
- The program will make every effort to evaluate all requests in a timely manner. If further information and verification is needed by ETS, it's possible that testing will be delayed until the next applicable test date.
- All registration must be done through ETS.
Accommodations for Subsequent SLS Tests
If you previously registered and ETS approved your accommodation(s), you may request the same accommodation(s) for additional SLS tests. Please allow approximately three weeks before your intended test date for the processing of your request. To request that your approved PLNE accommodations be provided for subsequent SLS tests, please email email@example.com with a written statement asking that your approved PLNE accommodation(s) be applied to additional SLS test(s).
- Test and/or test center changes or additions are not available.