Test Center or Date Changes
If you wish to change your test center, test date, or test time, log in to your SLS account or call ETS at 1-800-772-9476, at least three days before your test date, not including the day of your test. For example, the deadline to change a Friday appointment is Tuesday at 11:59 p.m. ET. ETS cannot guarantee that the testing date, time or test center you are now requesting will be available. There is a $40 surcharge to make changes to a test appointment.
Canceling Your Test Registration
You must cancel your test at least three days before your test date, not including the day of your test, or your fees will be forfeited. For example, the deadline to cancel a Friday appointment is Tuesday at 11:59 p.m. ET. If you cancel your original test by the appropriate deadline, you may be eligible for a refund of 50% of your test fees. The remainder of your payment is retained to cover expenses for processing your registration and holding space at the test center.
To cancel a registration, log in to your SLS account, call ETS at 1-800-772-9476 or complete and submit the Refund Request Form. The request must be made online or the form received no later than three days prior to the test date (not including the day of your test).
- Cash refunds are not available.
- There are no refunds for test preparation materials, additional services or service fees.
- Refunds are processed in the same currency and credited back to the original payment method. If the original payment was a paper check or money order, allow eight weeks after your cancellation for your refund to be processed. If you paid with eCheck please allow nine to 10 days for processing. Note: If for any reason the refund cannot be processed, an ETS representative may contact you. Please ensure your contact information is accurate.
- Refunds are not given if you do not follow proper registration procedures and/or fail to present the required identification documents on test day.
- If you are absent from or arrive too late to take the test at the test administration for which you registered, you are not entitled to a refund.