The ETS Center for Research on Human Capital and Education leverages data from large-scale assessments and other surveys to generate peer-reviewed policy research that explores the acquisition, outcomes and inequities in human and social capital across a range of areas, including Pre-K–12 education, higher education and workforce readiness.
Our Work in the News
- Why Other Countries Keep Outperforming Us in Education (and How to Catch Up): Money from the American Rescue Plan could be our last best chance to build the school system we need, By Marc Tucker — Edweek, May 13, 2021
- What America's kids need now: Biden should marshal the nation to address the dire condition of U.S. children, By Norm Ornstein and James Harvey — New York Daily News, December 26, 2020.
- The Edge in The Chronicle of Higher Education by Goldie Blumenstyk, August 12, 2020.
- Artificial Intelligence Is Poised to Take More Than Unskilled Jobs, by David Roe, CMS WiRE, June 15, 2020
Recently Published Blogs and Op-ed Articles
- Creating Opportunity: The Need for Equity and Fairness By Irwin Kirsch and Henry Braun (Boston College), eSchoolNews.com, May 2021.
- When Signals Align, Workers Win By Irwin Kirsch and Anita Sands, LinkedIn® Blog, March 2021.
- Who will show up to vote in 2020 presidential election? By Irwin Kirsch and Anita Sands, ROI-NJ,October 2020.
- The Path to Literacy: From Learning to Read to Reading to Learn to Learning to Think By Irwin Kirsch, Anita Sands and Tenaha O'Reilly, LinkedIn Blog, August 2020.
- Investing in skills is key to success for millions By Irwin Kirsch, ROI-NJ, April 2020.
Policy Reports and Publications
View recent policy reports and publications.