Most tests don't include a scheduled break. However, you have the option to take a short, unscheduled restroom break. If you choose to take an unscheduled break, your test clock will not stop. Because timing will not stop for this break, it is recommended that you return from the break as quickly as possible.
If you are taking an unscheduled break during one of the following tests, you must do so after the conclusion of one test, but before completing review of the General Directions for the next test. Your test clock won't start until you return and complete the General Directions.
- Praxis® Core Academic Skills for Educators combined test (5752)
- Elementary Education: Multiple Subjects test (5001)
- Elementary Education: Three Subject Bundle—Mathematics, Social Studies and Science (5901)
- Pennsylvania Grades 4–8 Core Assessment (5152)
- Elementary Education: Content Knowledge for Teaching (7811)
Although you won't lose test time by taking an unscheduled restroom break between tests, it's recommended that you return from the break as quickly as possible (within 5–10 minutes) to avoid running over the scheduled appointment time. Test administrators and remote proctors are required to report test takers who take excessive or extended breaks. You must also adhere to the established policies that relate to leaving the vicinity of your testing area and accessing prohibited personal items or electronic devices during this time.