- Admission ticket and photo ID (or any other required acceptable and valid identification)
- Do NOT bring your own pencils or erasers. They will be supplied by the test center.
- A calculator if allowed for your test (see Calculator Use)
- Important: The Art: Content and Analysis test (5135) requires you to upload four digital images of your artwork to your Praxis® account. Print a copy of each image from your Praxis account and bring it with you on test day. It is extremely important that you bring the printout of all four digital reproductions of your work to the testing site. The image ID number appearing on the printouts is a critical part of the art-making responses. You will be asked to enter this image ID as the first line of your response when taking the test. You must upload these images no later than 3 days before test day. For example, the deadline to upload images for a Saturday appointment is Wednesday at 11:59 p.m. ET. For more information about the requirements for these images, please see the Study Companion.
Prohibited Personal Items and Restrictions
- Personal items other than ID documents are not allowed in the testing room and are not permitted during a break. This includes any phones, tablets, wearable technology, electronic cigarettes, all watches and any other electronic, recording, listening, scanning or photographic devices. If you are seen using or accessing any of these electronic devices and/or transmitting data, including but not limited to text messaging, email and photographs, your device may be inspected and/or confiscated.
- You may not access your phone during the test or during a break to check messages, make a call or to check the time, or for any other reason. If you do, you will be dismissed from the test, your test scores from all tests taken that day will be canceled and you will forfeit your test fees. If you are seen using such a device for any reason, in addition to the above conditions, the device will be confiscated and inspected.
- Jewelry is prohibited, except for wedding and engagement rings. Do not wear other jewelry to the test center.
- Clothing and other personal items that include, but are not limited to, hair accessories, neckties, bowties, hats, scarves, jackets and outerwear are subject to inspection by the test center administrator. Refrain from wearing such items as tie clips, cuff links, ornate clips, combs, barrettes, headbands and other hair accessories on test day, as you may be prohibited from wearing them in the testing room.
Storing Personal Items
Before the test, you will receive instructions from test center staff regarding where to store personal items. You will not have access to your personal items during the test administration except for food, beverages and medication, which may be accessed during a break. Test centers and ETS assume no responsibility for personal items including watches, jewelry or devices that you choose to bring to the test center.
If you fail to follow the instructions of the test center staff, you will not be permitted to test and your test fee will not be refunded. Any violation of these procedures during the test or during a break may result in dismissal from the test center and/or cancellation of your test scores. See Test Center Procedures and Regulations for more information about security procedures on test day.
If you have health-related needs requiring you to bring equipment, beverages or snacks into the testing room or to take extra or extended breaks, you need to request accommodations in advance. Procedures for requesting accommodations are described in the Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs.
Ready to take a Praxis® Test?
Build the reading, writing and mathematics skills you need to succeed on the Praxis Core tests with this free online resource.
Prepare for your test with interactive practice tests and study companions.