Checking in for your Praxis® test at home will take about 20 minutes. Learn what to expect and follow these steps for your appointment.
- At your appointment time, click the "At Home Check-In" link in your confirmation email or the home page of your account to begin your appointment. We recommend launching your test 15 minutes before your start time to allow time for the check-in process. You'll have up to 12 minutes after your scheduled time to begin your check in. If you haven't checked in by that time, your test will be canceled, and your fee will not be refunded.
- Select "Start Session."
- Complete the authentication steps, which include showing your ID to the proctor. The name on your ID must match the name on your account.
- The proctor will review the exam rules and request access to your computer screen for monitoring purposes.
- The proctor will ask you to use either a hand-held mirror or cell phone to show your computer screen.
- The proctor will ask you to use the camera on your computer to show a 360-degree view of the room, including your tabletop surface.
- The proctor will launch the ETS Test Browser and enter the ETS ID and password to access the test.