Before You Register
- Review the policies in The Praxis® Tests Information Bulletin.
- Check your state testing requirements to see which test(s) are required for licensure in your state.
- See Test Fees for fees and acceptable forms of payment.
- Log in to your account.
- When confirming your account information, verify your email address is correct. ETS will use that email address to communicate important information.
- On your account home page, select Register for a Test.
- Choose the test(s) you wish to take on the Search and Select Tests page.
- On the Schedule Tests page, choose a date and time for your test(s).
- Follow the directions to continue your registration and pay for your test, using a credit/debit card, eCheck or PayPal®. eChecks must be drawn on a bank in the United States, in U.S. dollars only.
- If you registered for a test center appointment, print your admission ticket from your Praxis account and bring it with you to the test center.
Register by Mail
- Complete the Test Authorization Voucher Request Form and mail it to ETS with your check or U.S. Postal money order. Credit card payments cannot be made by mail. Reference the code lists to fill out your form.
- Once your request is processed, a voucher number will be sent to you, along with instructions on how to register. Allow three weeks for delivery of the voucher.
- If you registered for a test center appointment, print your admission ticket from your Praxis account and bring it with you to the test center. Your ticket will not be mailed to you.
Register by Phone
If you have previously created a Praxis account online and you are testing at a U.S. test center, you may register by phone. There is an additional $35 surcharge to use this service. At least three full days before your test date, call ETS at 1-800-772-9476 Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. to 7:45 p.m. ET and pay by credit/debit card, eCheck or PayPal®.