- Cash payments cannot be accepted.
- All payments must be for the full amount.
- If you do not have sufficient credit or funds in your account to cover a registration or service(s) we have processed on your behalf, your scores will be withheld, and an additional non-refundable service fee of US$30 will be added to your account.
- Services may be withheld for nonpayment of fees.
- All outstanding balances incurred from prior ETS tests and/or services must be paid in full to register for any future ETS test or service.
- When registering online candidates may be given the option to pay in the local currency supported by their card issuer or in USD.
- During the payment process you may be asked by your card-issuing bank to verify cardholder identity by entering an authentication code. Failure to enter the required information or entry of invalid information will result in the sale being rejected. If you don't know your 3D-Secure passcode or password, and you are not being given the option to enroll online in the bank's pop-up screen, then you will need to contact your bank.
- ETS reserves the right to add or delete payment options at its own discretion and without notice.
- If you cancel your registration by the cancellation deadline date for the original submission window, you automatically receive a partial refund. See Dates and Deadlines. ETS retains the remainder of your payment to cover expenses for processing your registration.
- A partial refund is processed in the same currency and credited back to the original payment method. If you paid with eCheck, please allow nine to 10 days for processing. If for any reason the refund cannot be processed, an ETS representative may contact you. Please ensure your Performance Assessments registration contact information is accurate.
- If you register for the wrong assessment or you are not eligible to take the assessment you purchased, a partial refund is available if you cancel your registration before the cancellation deadline.
Refunds are not given if you:
- cancel after the cancellation deadline
- do not submit a task response by the task deadline
- submit task responses which are off-topic, blank or cannot be scored
- do not pass the assessment
- advise that you did not need to take or were not eligible to take the assessment
- resubmit the exact same response during the resubmission window
- There are no refunds for late registration, rescheduling, resubmissions, other service fees, and registration payments made with a voucher.
- There are no full refunds if you register for the wrong test.
Refunds by States
The partial refund amount for cancellations made by the cancellation deadline varies by the following state: