- Cash payments will not be accepted.
- A check in U.S. dollars must be drawn on a bank in the United States. By sending your check, you are authorizing ETS, at its discretion, to use the information on your check to make a one-time electronic debit from your account for the amount of your check; no additional amount will be added. Contact ETS to learn about other payment options if you prefer not to have your check used in this way.
- If you do not have sufficient credit or funds in your account to cover a registration or service we have processed on your behalf, your scores will be withheld and an additional service fee of US$30 will be added to your account.
- If you do not include the correct fee, your request for registration or service will be returned.
- There are no refunds for additional services.
- Services may be withheld for nonpayment of fees.
- All test fee payments must be made in full, have the correct numeric and written dollar amount, and be received at ETS within 90 days of the date on the payment (e.g., check, money order).
- All outstanding balances incurred from prior ETS tests and/or services must be paid in full in order to register for any future ETS test or service.
- After entering your credit card account number and selecting "Process Payment," you may be given the option to pay in the currency supported by your card issuer or in USD.
- ETS processes payments with your security in mind. This may impact your online experience. American Express® SafeKey, Discover ProtectBuy®, MasterCard® SecureCode™ and Visa Secure/Verified by Visa are 3D Secure (3DS) online fraud prevention measures used by card companies as an added layer of security to protect cardholder account information. During the payment process you may be asked by your card-issuing bank to verify cardholder identity by entering an authentication code known only to the cardholder and the bank. Failure to enter the required information or entry of invalid information will result in the sale being rejected. If you don't know your 3D-Secure passcode or password, and you are not being given the option to enroll online in the bank's pop-up screen, then you will need to contact your bank.
- ETS reserves the right to add or remove online payment methods at its own discretion and without notice.
If you cancel your registration no later than four days (10 days in Mainland China) before your test date, you will automatically receive a refund equivalent to half of the test fee. For example, the deadline to cancel a Saturday appointment at a testing location in the United States is Tuesday. The remainder of your payment will be retained to cover expenses for processing your registration and holding space at the test center.
- Refunds will be processed in the same currency and credited back to the original payment method. Note: If for any reason the refund cannot be processed, an ETS representative may need to contact you. Please ensure that your GRE contact information is accurate.
- Cash refunds are not available.
- There are no refunds for test preparation materials, additional services, or service fees.
- Refunds will not be given if you do not follow proper registration procedures and/or fail to present the required identification documents at the test center.
- If you are taking the test in Korea, see the specific refund policy for test takers in Korea.
- If the original payment was a paper check or money order, allow eight weeks after your cancellation for your refund to be processed.
- Service fees are not refundable.
- Individuals in Mainland China should follow the instructions on the NEEA website for requesting a partial refund for the General Test. Partial refunds for Subject Tests will be issued in USD from ETS.
See reschedule or cancel your registration for more information.
Payments by Credit/Debit Card
- A refund will be processed and credited back to the original credit/debit card or bank account.
Payments by E-Check and PayPal®
- A refund will be processed and credited back to the original PayPal® or bank account.
Payments by Check
- If original payment was a check, allow eight weeks after your cancellation for your refund to be processed.