Updated October 2021
Module B includes five different sessions, each with a video presentation (with voice-over) and resources, which are described below. The sessions provide information about the GRE® Program and the GRE® General Test, as well as detailed information about the types of questions on each of the General Test measures, along with tips and strategies for approaching the test questions.
Module B users are also advised to incorporate the two POWERPREP® Online practice tests into their programs. POWERPREP practice test #1 can be used early in the program to get a baseline measurement for each student in the program. POWERPREP practice test #2 can be used at the end of the program to evaluate the students' progress. Students can access both free POWERPREP Online practice tests in the ETS account they need to create in order to register for the GRE General Test.
Session 1: Overview of the GRE® Program
This presentation offers information about the GRE testing program, services and resources for test takers.
- GRE® Information Bulletin — information on test registration, test preparation, test day, getting scores and more for the current testing year
- GRE® Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs — information for test takers with disabilities and health-related needs about how to register for the GRE tests with accommodations
Score Use and Acceptance
- Institutions and fellowship sponsors approved to receive GRE scores
- Business schools that accept GRE scores for MBA programs
- Law schools that accept GRE scores for J.D. programs
- Guide to the Use of GRE Scores — information on using and interpreting scores, and statistical tables and interpretive data for the GRE tests
Session 2: Overview of the GRE General Test
This video provides information about the GRE General Test, registration tips, what to expect on test day, tips and strategies during the test, getting and sending scores, and test preparation tools.
- GRE® Registration Infographic — key steps to GRE registration success
- How to Create an ETS Account (Video)
- How to Register for a GRE® General Test (Video)
- How to Reschedule a GRE® General Test Date (Video)
- How to Send GRE® Scores After Test Day (Video)
Session 3: Preparing for the Analytical Writing Measure
This presentation provides an introduction to the Analytical Writing measure, a review of task types and strategies for answering, and general strategies for approaching the measure.
- Analytical Writing Overview — includes sample tasks with scored sample essay responses, and the published topic pools
- Scoring Guide for the Analyze an Issue Task
- Scoring Guide for the Analyze an Argument Task
- Analytical Writing Score-Level Descriptions
Session 4: Preparing for the Verbal Reasoning Measure
This presentation provides an introduction to the Verbal Reasoning measure, a review of question types and strategies for answering, and general strategies for approaching the measure.
- Verbal Reasoning Overview — includes sample questions and general advice
Session 5: Preparing for the Quantitative Reasoning Measure
This presentation provides an introduction to the Quantitative Reasoning measure, a review of the question types and strategies for answering, information about the on-screen calculator, general problem-solving steps and strategies for approaching the measure.
- Quantitative Reasoning Overview — includes sample questions and tips for answering, strategies for solving problems and more
- Math Review — covers the concepts test takers may see when they take the GRE General Test; includes definitions, properties, examples, a set of exercises with answers at the end of each section, and links to FREE instructional videos on the Khan Academy® website
- Math Conventions — covers mathematical assumptions particular to the GRE General Test; includes notation, terminology, and guidelines for interpreting and using information given in test questions