Prepare for success. ETS's online courses, test preparation books and sample questions will help you become familiar with the TOEIC® Listening and Reading test and gauge your readiness before taking it.
The TOEIC® Official Learning and Preparation Course
TOEIC® Official Learning and Preparation Course (OLPC) is an online service using real-life workplace scenarios and over 1,000 authentic TOEIC® test questions to help you build the English skills you need for everyday workplace situations and prepare you for success on the TOEIC Listening and Reading test. The course is currently only available in select markets.
Self-paced and accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week, the TOEIC Official Learning and Preparation Course is the only course created by the maker of the TOEIC tests. No other online course is better designed to help you build the English skills you need for everyday workplace situations as well as succeed on the TOEIC test.
Here's what you'll find in the course:
- three progressive learning modules from beginner through advanced levels
- eight topic-based, skill-building units per module
- interactive exercises that reflect meaningful, real-life workplace situations and tasks
- voice narration in the same voices you'll hear on the actual TOEIC test
- automated score report complete with an estimate of your TOEIC score range as well as diagnostic feedback similar to the official score report
- an assessment of your strengths and areas where you can improve, along with suggestions about what lessons you might want to repeat
To order the course, contact your local ETS Preferred Network (EPN) member.
Test Preparation Books
Tactics for the TOEIC® Listening and Reading Test
Tactics for the TOEIC® Listening and Reading Test, a book and CD-ROM created by ETS and Oxford University Press, helps test takers develop the language and test-taking skills they need to succeed on the TOEIC Listening and Reading test.
Key features of this book include:
- test-taking tips and skill-building activities
- two complete practice tests
- listening activities
- mini-tests to review and reinforce test-taking strategies and vocabulary
Other Test Preparation Books
For test preparation books available in your region, contact your local EPN member.
Free Sample Questions
Important note: The worldwide rollout of the TOEIC Listening and Reading test updates will take place over several months, beginning in April 2018 for public test sessions, and availability will vary by country.
- United States and Canada: You will begin taking the updated version of the test in April 2018. For more information, email TOEIC@ets.org or call 1-609-771-7170.
- All other countries: Please contact your local ETS Preferred Network office to determine which version of the test you will be taking, so you know which preparation materials to use.
Updated Version of the Test
Current Version of the Test
Test Preparation Tips
There are several things you can do every day to prepare for the TOEIC Listening and Reading test. The more you practice, the easier it gets.
- Listening closely to the words in music, online broadcasts, radio, television and movies in English is a great way to improve your listening skills in English. The more you listen, the more you will understand vocabulary, idioms and expressions. Music helps you acquire the rhythm and stress patterns of spoken English.
- Reading is the best way to improve your vocabulary. English-language reading materials — newspapers, magazines, books and websites — are always available. Choose your favorites! Read materials that genuinely interest you and are not too challenging.
- Use the language every day. Each day, set some time aside to communicate only in English. Listen, read, speak and write in English every chance you get. The more you use the language, the better you'll become.
- Keep a journal. Write down what happens in your life every day. This is a great way to think in English. Read to yourself and read out loud. This will also help you listen to how the words sound.