ETS and the developers of the TOEIC® program are committed to advancing English-language teaching and learning and providing opportunities for individual learners worldwide. We are able to do this through the efforts of our proficient research group that includes research scientists, psychometricians and assessment experts. Together, they work to:
- create and provide fair, accurate and meaningful English-language assessment for the workplace
- drive innovation that advances English assessment, learning and teaching
- assure that the TOEIC program meets global standards
- provide content, methods and processes for evolving the TOEIC assessment
- advance the field of English measurement
Our approach to research is comprehensive and consistent with best practices in language assessment. We make explicit claims about the qualities of the TOEIC scores and how they should be interpreted and used to make decisions. We support these claims with evidence from our test development process and ongoing research. We encourage all our stakeholders — score users, test takers and teachers — to examine our claims and the evidence that supports them. We focus on supporting the following claims related to these core categories:
The TOEIC program is used by organizations around the world to hire, place, train and promote employees. For an inclusive overview, see a list of all TOEIC research in one place and understand why these organizations trust TOEIC scores for their relevant decision making.