Earning a Score
To earn a score, you must do all of the following:
- answer at least 1 question in the Listening section
- answer at least 1 question in the Reading section
- write at least 1 essay in the Writing section
You will receive a score for each section of the test. There is no total score.
Getting Your Scores
Your test fee includes:
- A test taker score report mailed to you
- Up to 4 official score reports sent by ETS directly to universities, agencies or other institutions you select when you register
Score reports are mailed approximately 5 weeks after your test date.* Learn more about Getting Your Scores.
* For the first administration (October 14, 2017) only, score reports will be provided approximately 7 weeks after the test date.
Understanding Your Scores
Each section of the revised TOEFL® Paper-delivered test is scored on a scale of 0–30. Learn more about Understanding Your Scores.