The TOEFL® test is available in 2 formats — the TOEFL iBT® test, administered via the internet, and the revised TOEFL® Paper-delivered Test, administered in a paper format. TOEFL paper-delivered testing is offered only in locations where testing via the internet is not available.
To find out which format is available in your area, check your location before you register.
The revised TOEFL Paper-delivered Test is administered up to 4 times a year in locations where the TOEFL iBT test is not available. You can register for the test online or by mail.
- Register anytime — 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- View registration deadlines.
- Pay with a credit/debit card, a PayPal® account or an e-check drawn on a U.S. bank. American Express®, Discover®, JCB®, MasterCard® or VISA® credit/debit cards can be used.
Note: American Express, Discover, JCB and MasterCard are not accepted for the following locations: Benin, Cameroon, Cote D'Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and Togo. Only VISA cards are accepted for those locations.
Payment methods are subject to change without notice.
Note: Test takers who have disabilities or health-related needs that require them to bring equipment, beverages or snacks into the testing room, take extra or extended breaks, or require another accommodation must register through ETS Disability Services and need to follow the accommodations request procedures described in the Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-Related Needs.
Register by Mail
- Download and fill out the registration form.
- Review the list of payment methods on the form and choose one.
- Send the form with payment to ETS at the address on the form before the registration deadline.
- ETS will mail you an admission ticket. If you don't have the ticket 2 weeks before your test date, contact TOEFL Services.
- See Code Lists for Registering by Mail.
- Required ID for Test Day
- Accommodations for Test Takers with Disabilities and Health-related Needs
- Cancel or Change Your Registration