If you need to reschedule or cancel your registration, you have up to 4 full days before your test date. For example, if your test is on Saturday, you must reschedule or cancel by Tuesday. Note: If you are taking the test in Korea, see the specific refund policy for test takers in Korea.
The fee to reschedule is US$60 and must be paid before you can register for a new date.
You can only reschedule or cancel by one of the methods below:
- Online: Log in to your TOEFL iBT® account, click "View Order(s)" on your home page, then click "Modify" or "Cancel" on the Order Summary page.
- By phone: Provide your registration number and full name used when you registered. In the United States, U.S. Territories or Canada: call 1-443-751-4862 or 1-800-468-6335. All other locations, contact your Regional Registration Center.
Note: You cannot reschedule or cancel by mail, email or at the test center.
If you are taking the test in Korea, see the specific refund policy for test takers in Korea.
If you cancel your registration before the 4-day deadline, you will be refunded 50 percent of the original test fee you paid. No refunds are given for other services.
Refunds are given in U.S. dollars and include taxes as applicable. Cash refunds are not available.
- If you paid by credit/debit card or e-check, the refund will be credited to the original credit/debit card or bank account you used to pay.
- If you paid by personal check drawn on a U.S. domestic bank, allow 8 weeks for processing. If payment was made in non-U.S. funds drawn on a bank outside the U.S., allow 12 weeks.
Refunds will not be provided:
- if the proper registration procedures were not followed
- if the required identification was not presented at the test center
Ready to take the TOEFL iBT® test?
Prepare for your TOEFL test with official TOEFL iBT prep wherever you go. Download now
Get the only official practice test that gives you the experience of taking the real TOEFL iBT test. Order now
Practice with the only authentic TOEFL test prep guide created by ETS. Also available as an eBook. Purchase now