ETS recommends that the SuccessNavigator® assessment be administered early in a student's interaction with the institution:
- as part of the college registration process
- as a component of initial course placement decision making
- within new student orientation programs
- early in a first-year experience, student success, introduction to college or a similar transitional course
- prior to initial advising appointments
- as part of institutional strategic planning, resource allocation and student monitoring systems
The test is formatted as follows:
|Administration method||Nonproctored on- or off-campus administration|
|Test length||25–30 minutes|
|Test item types||Self-report, agree-to-disagree statements and background questions|
|Payment method||Institution pay
Students may take the assessment on PCs, tablets or mobile devices. Score reports are best viewed on larger screens. See the system requirements for this assessment.
- For questions or issues related to setup of the testing location, test-day activities and procedures, testing policies or interpretation of scores, call SuccessNavigator Customer Service at 1-800-745-0269 or email email@example.com during normal business hours, Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. ET.
- For technical issues with purchasing, score reporting or online test administration, please contact ETS Technical Support at 1-800-514-8491 during normal business hours, Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–6 p.m. ET.
Serving Students with Disabilities
The SuccessNavigator assessment should be administered following the same accommodation procedures you normally use when testing students with disabilities. You might also recruit an unbiased individual to read the questions and enter the student’s responses on the computer.