Enrollment, Registration and Payment
- How do I enroll in the ProEthica® program?
- You cannot enroll yourself. Your state, jurisdiction, school, district or educator preparation program (EPP) will enroll you in the ProEthica program.
- Once I am enrolled, how do I register?
Once the appropriate enrollment manager (your state's Department of Education, EPP, jurisdiction, school district or school) enrolls you in the ProEthica program, you will automatically be sent an email prompting you to register.
Using the link and information provided in the email, you can register for the ProEthica program. Once you have registered, you can submit your payment online and begin accessing the modules immediately. If a payment voucher was assigned to you, you will not be prompted for payment during registration.
- How do I know if a voucher was assigned to me?
- Your enrollment manager (the person from your state’s Department of Education, EPP, jurisdiction, school district or school who is requiring you to take the ProEthica program) can tell you whether a voucher has been assigned to you, or if you will need to submit a payment for the ProEthica program. Vouchers are typically assigned during enrollment. If a voucher was assigned to you during enrollment, you will not be prompted for payment during registration.
- When I enter my personal information to create my ProEthica account, I get an error message. What’s wrong?
Either you have not been enrolled in a ProEthica program or the information your enrollment manager used to enroll you in the program does not match the information you are entering to set up your ProEthica account. If you received an email from ETS notifying you that you have been enrolled in the ProEthica program, check with your enrollment manager to find out the exact information (full name, email address and date of birth) that was used to enroll you.
If all of your information matches what was entered by your enrollment manager and you still cannot create your account, contact ProEthica Customer Service. Be sure to have your enrollment confirmation email ready before calling.
- I submitted my payment. Now how do I access the modules?
At the top of the payment confirmation screen, there is a green alert message notifying you to proceed to the home page to access the ProEthica modules. Click the link to navigate to the home page where you can begin the modules.
If your payment did not process successfully, you will receive an error message and will need to reenter and resubmit your payment information to complete the transaction and access your modules.
Accessing and Completing the ProEthica Modules
- Where and when can I take it?
- The ProEthica program is delivered online. Once you have been enrolled and registered, you can access the ProEthica program on your laptop, PC or tablet anywhere you have internet access. You can complete the program at your own pace or as directed by your enrollment manager.
- How long will it take me to complete the ProEthica program?
- While there are no time limits on either the module lessons or end-of-module tests, most of the modules in the ProEthica program were designed to be completed in under 30 minutes, and the end-of-module tests were designed to take no more than 20 minutes. How long it takes to complete all of the modules will vary based on how much you decide to engage with the material. You will have the opportunity to replay many of the activities, which can extend the amount of time it takes you to complete them.
- Do I have to take all of the modules in one sitting?
- No. You are able to take the modules over the course of the license period or as directed by your enrollment manager. Additionally, you may exit a module and return to where you left off. If you close out of the program during an end-of-module test, the questions you have completed up to that point will be scored, it will count as an attempt and your score will be recorded.
- What happens when I complete the ProEthica program?
- Once all of the ProEthica modules are complete, you can print your electronic Certificate of Achievement in the LMS. Your scores will automatically be reported to you and your score recipients, and will remain available in My History for one year.
- When I log in to my account, most of the modules have a lock icon on them and I cannot begin the lesson. Why?
- The modules in the ProEthica program must be completed in order. When you access the modules for the first time, only the first module will be unlocked. As you complete each module, the next module will unlock.
- I completed the module, but the next module did not unlock. Why?
When you have completed the module lesson, a message will appear on the lesson menu. If a message does not appear on the module menu, check to make sure that you have completed all of the activities in the lesson.
If a message appears on the menu and you are still unable to move on to the next module, you may not have successfully completed the end-of-module test. To access the end-of-module test, select the “Continue to Assessment” link for the module.
Or, you may go back to the home screen and select “Take the test for this module” from the module menu.
- I stayed logged in to my ProEthica account while I took a break, and now nothing appears when I try to access a module. What happened?
- The ProEthica program is set to time out after a period of inactivity. Log out of your account and log back in. If you are still having trouble running the modules, log out again, clear your cache and then log back in.
- I logged out during an end-of-module test, and when I logged back in, it shows a score for that test. Why?
- While you can log out of the ProEthica program during one of the module lessons and pick up where you left off, you should not log out during an end-of-module test. If you close out of the program during an end-of-module test, the questions you have completed up to that point will be scored, any unanswered questions will be marked incorrect, it will count as one attempt and your score will be recorded.
- If I do not pass one of the tests, can I retake it?
You have multiple attempts to pass each end-of-module test in the ProEthica program.
Educators and school leaders taking ProEthica Foundations will have two attempts to complete and pass each end-of-module test. If, after two attempts, you do not pass, you will be automatically moved on to the next module.
Educators and school leaders taking ProEthica Essentials will have five attempts to complete and pass each end-of-module test and the summative assessment. If, after five attempts, you do not pass, you will have to resubmit your program fee and start over.
Scores and Score Reports
- Which versions of the ProEthica program have end-of-module tests?
- All versions of the ProEthica program include end-of-module tests. You can see the correct answers and explanations of those correct answers after you have completed each end-of-module test.
- Which versions of the ProEthica program have a summative assessment?
- Only the Essentials version of the ProEthica program includes a summative assessment at the conclusion of the final learning module. You can see the correct answers and explanations of those correct answers after you have completed the summative assessment.
- Who gets my scores?
Your enrollment manager will automatically receive your scores. Additionally, if the ProEthica program is required by your state, the state Department of Education will also receive your scores.
Download Understanding Your ProEthica® Scores for more information.
- Which scores are reported to my score recipients?
- Only performance on the end-of-module tests and summative assessment (available in ProEthica Essentials only) is reported. Data from the modules’ lessons are not collected or reported.
- Can I change who will receive my scores?
- No. Your enrollment manager automatically receives your scores. However, if you need to provide scores to additional organizations, you can. Please contact ETS for assistance.
- I completed several of the modules, but my enrollment manager says he/she cannot see my scores. Why not?
- Score recipients do not receive real-time score updates. Scores are reported twice weekly to your designated score recipients. You can screenshot the My History page in your ProEthica user account if you would like to provide score information to your enrollment manager more frequently than scores are reported.
The ProEthica program aligns to the Model Code of Educator Ethics.
Watch this video to hear how the MCEE is paving the way for resources that will support educators in developing their ethical decision-making skills. (3 min., 25 sec.)
Troy Hutchings explains the importance of professional ethics as a standard of practice in education. Read these articles recently published by RealClearEducation.com.