Your appointment time is provided to you by the test center. Please arrive on time. If you arrive late, you may not be admitted to test.
To ensure fairness to all test takers, the following testing guidelines are in place. Please be mindful of these guidelines, as test takers can be dismissed from a test session and have their scores canceled by ETS if they:
- attempt to take the test for someone else or have someone else take the test for them
- fail to provide acceptable and valid identification with name, signature and photograph. Your name as it appears on your ID must match the name you used when you registered.
- obtain improper access to the test, a part of the test or information about the test
- bring or use any phone, tablets, wearable technology, and other electronic, recording, listening, scanning, or photographic devices. This is strictly prohibited in the test center at all times and will result in your dismissal from the test, forfeiture of your test fees, and cancellation of scores by ETS even if dismissal is not enforced on the day of the test. This includes, but is not limited to, accessing the device for any reason, including checking the time, making calls, or checking for messages at any time during the test administration, including scheduled, optional, or unscheduled breaks.
- use any aids in connection with the test, such as mechanical pencils, scan pens or devices, calculators, watch calculators, books, pamphlets, notes, rulers, highlighter pens, stereos or radios with headphones, earplugs, watch alarms (including those with flashing lights or alarm sounds), stop watches, digital watches, dictionaries, translators, compasses, protractors, rulers and any prohibited devices
- create a disturbance (Disruptive behavior in any form won't be tolerated; the test administrator/supervisor has sole discretion in determining what constitutes disruptive behavior.)
- attempt to give or receive assistance or otherwise communicate in any manner with another person about the content of the test or answers during the administration of the test, during breaks or after the test
- remove or attempt to remove test content from the test center (Under no circumstances may test content or any part of the test content be removed, reproduced and/or disclosed by any means [e.g., hard copy, verbally, electronically] to any person or entity.)
- tamper with a computer
- attempt to remove scratch paper from the testing room
- bring a weapon or firearm into the test center
- bring food, drink, electronic cigarettes, or tobacco into the testing room
- leave the test center vicinity without permission during the test session or during breaks. You are required to remain at the test center. If you need to leave the test center for any reason — for example to use the restroom — you need to get permission from the test administrator to do so. If you leave the test center without permission, you may be dismissed or your scores may be canceled.
- leave the testing room without permission
- take excessive or extended unscheduled breaks during the test session (Test center supervisors are required to strictly monitor unscheduled breaks and report test takers who take excessive or extended breaks.)
- refer to, look through or work on any test or test section when not authorized to do so or work after time has been called
- fail to follow any of the test administration regulations contained in the ParaPro Assessment Information Bulletin, given by the test administrator/supervisor or specified in any test material
ETS reserves the right to take all action, including (but not limited to) barring test takers from future testing and/or canceling scores for failure to comply with test administration regulations or the test administrator/supervisor's directions. If a test taker's scores are canceled, they won't be reported and test fees won't be refunded.
Other than ID, personal items aren't allowed in the testing room. Storage space for test takers' personal items may not be available in all test centers, so please plan accordingly. Test centers assume no responsibility for test-takers' personal belongings.
Waiting areas at test centers are small. Friends or relatives who accompany test takers to the test center won't be permitted to wait in the test center or contact them during testing.
Licensing or certification agencies (if applicable) will be notified of any test takers involved in misconduct. Signature identification may be sent to agencies for verification. Also, test takers' answers may be compared to verify score validity. On the day of the test, ETS may photograph or videotape test takers as they check in or during the actual test. This procedure doesn't eliminate the requirement for appropriate identification documents.
ID verification at registration, and/or check-in at the test center may include:
- Biometric voice and photo identification
- Video surveillance
- Signature comparison
If you refuse to participate, you may not be permitted to test and you will forfeit your registration and test fees. This is in addition to the requirement that you must present acceptable and valid identification.
ETS reserves the right to ensure the security of test content by using electronic detection scanning devices (e.g., hand-held metal detectors/wands). Failure to comply may result in dismissal from the test and forfeiture of your test fees.
You may be asked to remove your watch and to store it during the test administration.
The test administrator will assign you a seat.
On occasion, weather conditions or other circumstances beyond the test administrator's or ETS's control may require a delayed start or the rescheduling of your test. If you anticipate inclement weather in your area on test day, check your test center's website and/or local news and radio station broadcasts for updates. Test center cancellations will be posted at www.ets.org/parapro as received.