Do you have a disability or health-related need and require accommodations? See Disability Accommodations.
Test Takers Whose Primary Language Is Not English (PLNE)
Testing accommodations (extended testing time) may be available for test takers whose primary language is not English (PLNE). Test takers who meet ETS requirements will be allowed 50 percent additional testing time.
How to Register
Complete and include the following:
- A completed Certification of Documentation form. The Program has the right to request further verification, if needed, of the professional's credentials and expertise relevant to the Certification of Documentation form. An embossed school seal must be affixed over the signature on the Certification of Documentation form or the signature must be notarized.
- A completed Eligibility Form for Test Takers Whose Primary Language Is Not English.
- Contact your preferred test center to schedule a test appointment and notify the administrator that extended testing time accommodations are being requested. ETS will contact you when your request is approved with further directions.
Mail all materials together to:
ETS — Disability Services
P.O. Box 6054
Princeton, NJ 08541-6054
- You will pay the test fee to the center directly when you arrive to test.
- Requests must be received at ETS at least three weeks before your expected test date. Incomplete requests and requests received on outdated forms will be returned unprocessed.
- All documentation must be approved before the test date.
- The program will make every effort to evaluate all requests in a timely manner. If further information and verification is needed by ETS, it's possible that testing will be delayed.
If you have previously registered and your request for accommodations has been approved by ETS, you may request the same testing accommodation for subsequent test dates. To reregister, contact the test center directly and provide a copy of your valid approval letter to the test center administrator at least three business days prior to your anticipated test date. If your approval letter has expired, please follow the procedures outlined in the "How to Register" section above.