- A check in U.S. dollars must be drawn on a bank in the United States. By sending your check, you are authorizing ETS, at its discretion, to use the information on your check to make a one-time electronic debit from your account for the amount of your check; no additional amount will be added. If you do not have sufficient funds in your account, an additional service fee of US$20 will be debited electronically from your account. Contact ETS to learn about other payment options if you prefer not to have your check used in this way.
- If you do not have sufficient credit or funds in your account to cover a registration or service we have processed on your behalf, your scores will be withheld and an additional service fee of US$20 will be added to your account.
- If you do not include the correct fee, your request for registration or service will be returned.
- There are no refunds for additional services.
- Refunds will be made in U.S. dollars.
- Services may be withheld for nonpayment of fees.
- All test fee payments must be made in full, have the correct numeric and written dollar amount, and be received at ETS within 90 days of the date on the payment (e.g., check, money order).
- All outstanding balances incurred from prior ETS tests and/or services must be paid in full in order to register for any future ETS test or service.
- ETS reserves the right to add or remove online payment methods at its own discretion and without notice.
If you cancel your registration no later than four days (10 days in Mainland China) before your test date, you will automatically receive a refund equivalent to half of the test fee. For example, the deadline to cancel a Saturday appointment at a testing location in the United States is Tuesday. The remainder of your payment will be retained to cover expenses for processing your registration and holding space at the test center.
- Refunds will be in U.S. dollars.
- Cash refunds are not available.
- Refunds will not be given if you do not follow proper registration procedures and/or if you fail to present the required identification documents at the test center.
- If you are taking the test in Korea, see the specific refund policy for test takers in Korea.
See reschedule or cancel your registration for more information.
Payments by Credit/Debit Card
- A refund will be processed and credited back to the original credit/debit card or bank account.
Payments by E-Check and PayPal®
- A refund will be processed and credited back to the original PayPal® or bank account.
Payments by Check
- If original payment was a check, allow eight weeks after your cancellation for your refund to be processed.
Ready to take a GRE® Subject Test?
Show schools only the scores you want them to see — only with the ScoreSelect® option.
Nobody knows our tests better than we do. We offer free practice tests and tips to help you prepare for your GRE Subject Test. Check them out today.