Note: If you would like to request accommodations other than those listed below, you must describe them in Part II of the Testing Accommodations Request Form which can be found in the Bulletin Supplement.
Extended Testing Time
All tests are timed.
- 50 percent (time and one-half)
- 100 percent (double time; documentation required)
Note: Breaks are not included in testing time (can be used for medication, snacks, trips to the restroom, etc.).
Accommodations for the Computer-delivered GRE® General Test Only
- Ergonomic keyboard
- IntelliKeys keyboard
- Keyboard with touchpad
- Screen magnification
- Selectable background and foreground colors
Assistance for Spoken Directions Only
- Oral interpreter1
- Sign language interpreter1
- Printed copy of spoken directions (for paper-delivered tests only)
Assistance for Note Taking
- Braille slate and stylus2
- Perkins brailler2
Alternate Test Formats
- Large-print test book
- Recorded audio
- Recorded audio with tactile figure supplement2
- Recorded audio with large-print figure supplement2
- Computer-voiced with tactile figure supplement2 (GRE® General Test in the U.S. only)
- Computer-voiced with large-print figure supplement2 (GRE General Test in the U.S. only)
1 Only applicants who are deaf or hard-of-hearing
2 Only applicants who are blind or have low vision
- 2017–18 Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs
- Resources for Test Takers with Disabilities and Health-related Needs
- GRE General Test Preparation Materials in Accessible Formats
Get never-before-offered official GRE practice tests, scores within minutes for all three measures and explanations for correct answers!
Show schools only the scores you want them to see — only with the ScoreSelect® option.
Check out our FREE Official test prep and shop our Official Practice Question Guides and more.