Installation Instructions for the GRE® Practice Test Software with ZoomText® Designed to Work with the POWERPREP® Practice Tests
Before You Begin
ZoomText® software is a screen magnification program that enlarges and enhances everything on the computer screen within the POWERPREP® Practice Tests and Test Preview Tool. This specific version is designed to work with the POWERPREP Practice Tests and Test Preview Tool only. ZoomText is PC-compatible only.
Note: If your accommodation requires the installation of the Practice Test Software, you will need a Practice Session Number and Passcode. To obtain this information, you must access the POWERPREP practice tests through your ETS Account by doing the following:
- Go to the Shop for Test Preparation section of your ETS Account.
- Add the POWERPREP practice test(s) to your cart and select "Next" to checkout.
- Once you have completed the checkout process, your POWERPREP practice test(s) will be added to the My Test Preparation and Services section of your ETS Account. Go to this section and find the practice test (should be at the top of the list) and select "Go To Practice Test" to launch your test.
- On the first screen of the practice test, check the box "Select testing accommodations for this practice test." Then select your testing accommodation(s) from the list. If your accommodation(s) requires the installation of the Practice Test Software you will be asked to provide your email address. The Practice Session Number and Passcode will be provided on the next screen along with additional instructions.
Download and Install the GRE Practice Test Software with Zoomtext
To download the software, follow these steps:
Click this button:
If you encounter a screen similar to the one below, select Continue.
A message box will appear that shows the progress of the download.
If a security warning window appears, select Yes.
Select Finish on the InstallShield Wizard window.
Find the GRE Test icon on your desktop and Run it.
The following download status screen will appear.
Enter the Practice Session Number and Passcode provided in the "Practice Test Session Created" email and select Continue.
The following ZoomText installation status window will appear.
On the next window, select Reboot Now.
After rebooting, select the GRE Test icon again to launch the specialized browser.
Enter the Practice Session Number and Passcode provided in the "Practice Test Session Created" email.
Select Yes if pop-up box appears magnified.
The Accessibility button should be visible as shown on the screen below.
Upon selecting the Accessibility button, Magnifier and/or Color Choice options will become available.
If you are experiencing problems installing the GRE Practice Test Software:
- Verify that your computer meets the POWERPREP Practice Tests and GRE Practice Test Software System Requirements.
- Attempt to install the software again.
If you continue to experience problems with your installation, contact Technical Support using one of the methods below.
Send a description of your problem to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-609-771-7670 or 1-866-473-4373 (toll free for test takers in the United States, U.S. Territories and Canada), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.–7:45 p.m. ET (except for U.S. holidays). Emails will be answered within one business day of receipt.
To help us respond quickly and accurately to your inquiry, include the following information with your email:
- Description of problem
- Date(s) and time(s) of day(s) installation was attempted
- Browser type and version (e.g., Chrome 40)
- Computer make and model
- Amount of memory (RAM)
- Type of internet access (dial-up or broadband)
- Windows version
- Type of monitor