ETS is committed to ensuring quality and equity in education for English learners (ELs) in the United States and around the world. Our research-based English Language Learning (ELL) products and services encourage learning, assess progress and measure proficiency.
- K–12 English Language Learning and Assessments — improving the teaching and learning of K–12 ELs, the fastest growing population in U.S. K–12 public schools.
- TOEFL® Test — accepted by more than 9,000 educational institutions worldwide.
- TOEIC® Tests — used by nearly 14,000 businesses and organizations in 150 countries.
- TOEFL ITP® Assessment Series — the world's leading on-site English-language testing program.
- TOEFL Junior® Tests — designed to measure the English-language skills of students ages 11+.
- TOEFL® Primary™ Tests — designed for students ages 8+ to shape young learners' English-language instruction.
In addition to test preparation resources offered for the TOEFL and TOEIC tests, ETS provides tools that will help evaluate and build the English-language skills of students, employees or individuals.
- Edusoft — a foreign subsidiary, offers cost-effective, globally proven ELL solutions.
- Criterion® Online Writing Evaluation Service — provides instant score reporting and diagnostic feedback to help students improve their writing skills.
- ELTeach™ — an online, integrated professional development, assessment and certificate program that helps train and support teachers of English worldwide.
ETS has built an extensive body of ELL research over the past 65 years. This foundation of knowledge helps us develop fair and valid assessments and improve existing assessments for both ELs and their teachers.